Microlearning: Polarization and Children
- CEU: 1 Continuing Education Credit
- Credential Type: Badge
- Time to complete: 1 hour / self-paced learning
- Course access: Available for 30 days from date of enrollment
- Group Discounts are available for groups of fifty or more learners
Children seek to feel a sense of belonging with their schools, local communities, and homes. Children spend a significant amount of time at school; when the school environment is rife with polarization it impacts children, even if we think they are shielded from it. In our current climate, polarization is often intertwined with politics and value-based systems. The ability to have conversations with someone from whom you have a different perspective is challenging. This course series acknowledges that all children will be exposed to some level of polarization. While individually, we do what we can to minimize polarization, it still exists. This course series focuses on clear actions that learners can take to both protect students from unnecessary polarization, and to show them how to engage in conversations with someone who has a different opinion.
The four courses are:
- Children and Sense of Belonging
- Impact of Polarization on Children
- What Can we do About it?
- Building a Better Future
Each course has one objective that is accomplished by introducing learners to content through slides, videos, images, reflections, questions, and applications.
The objectives are:
- Explore the sense of belonging that children have to their school environment in anticipation of learning about the impact of polarization on children
- Examine the harmful effects of pandemic polarization on children
- Equip oneself with practical strategies for minimizing the impacts of polarization on children
- Prepare students to manage and hopefully thrive in polarized environments
Credit card payments only
The course entry will be tied to the email account your enter, and the credentials will be assigned to your name only.
If using check or PO, register here
This course is for multiple people, anywhere from two to 49 participants. Please have a spreadsheet of participants ready to upload.
- 70,000+ trained professionals
- 4,000+ training sessions completed since 1999
- 1,000+ communities using our methodologies